10GM: Equipping charity trustees to lead their organisations with assurance as we emerge from Covid-19
Manchester Community Central
Date & Time of Training:
10 September, 2020 - 13:00 to 14:00
Online via Zoom
This session is designed for charity trustees and senior staff of Greater Manchester VCSE organisations.
- provide them with an overview of the responsibilities and powers of charity trustees;
- outline common governance issues that arise in practice and the state of the charity sector as Covid-19 struck in March 2020;
- provide some simple strategies and tools to help trustees run their charities as effectively as possible after Covid-19.
- Learning Objectives
- To promote a clear awareness, for trustees and senior staff of charities, of:
- the governance framework within which charities must act, but also
- the extent of the flexibility which trustee boards retain, in working to advance their charity's purpose and to make a positive impact, especially in this time of great change and challenge.
- Speaker Biography
- Robert Nieri is a charity lawyer with Shoosmiths, from and based in Manchester, advising trustees on their legal obligations and powers; incorporating charities; updating their constitutions and helping them with their agreements with others; liaising with the Charity Commission on their behalf; and, where required, arranging for colleagues to provide charities with specialist employment, commercial and property legal advice.
To Book Follow this Link: